How to test a DUB-based library during development?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Feb 1 16:11:57 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-11 13:27, DanielG wrote:
> I want to create a library and eventually publish it via the DUB registry.
>
> Is there a simple example that shows how to test the library during
> development, before publishing (ie, before being able to add it as a
> dependency to another project)?
>
> I guess I'm just asking, what's the convention here? Do I create a
> separate project and then add my not-yet-published library via 'dub
> add-local'? Put everything in a unittest in the library itself? etc etc.

You should have unit tests to the library. You can also create a new
project and add the library as a dependency. Instead of using "dub
add-local" I recommend specifying a path instead of the version for the
dependency [1] :

dependency "libfoo" path="/path/to/libfoo"

[1] http://code.dlang.org/package-format?lang=sdl#version-specs

--
/Jacob Carlborg