extern(C++) in win32.mak

Paul D Anderson paul.d.anderson at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 13:47:00 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 08:28:23 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 06:05:54 UTC, Paul D Anderson
> wrote:
>> Is there anyone who knows the ins and outs of the makefile
>> that can shed some light?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul
>
> I recommend cloning DMD directly from git if you want to
> compile from source. There are many CIs in place that ensure
> that it always works.

I downloaded from git but still get an error, though it's no
longer the ddoc file error.

At this line (316-7),
$G\lexer.lib: $(LEXER_SRCS) $(ROOT_SRCS) $(STRING_IMPORT_FILES) $G
	$(HOST_DC)  -of$@  -vtls -lib -J$G $(DFLAGS) $(LEXER_SRCS)
$(ROOT_SRCS)

I get
Error: 'of..\generated\windows\release\32\lexer.lib' not found

It looks to me as if at ' -of$@ ', the '-of' flag is supposed to
specify the output file, but is being interpreted as part of the
filename.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Paul