what's the point of function template declarations if they can't be defined?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:49:31 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 09:42:08 UTC, Timothee Cour wrote:
> I guess you mean `version(StdDdoc)` ?
>
> On that note, I see things like this, which are not DRY:

This is actually one of the reasons why I abandoned dmd for my
dpldocs.info fork and used an independent parser.

dmd tries to build docs as it builds the program, but these are
slightly contradictory - when building the program, you need to
honor versioned out blocks. When building the docs, you just want
it documented, not ignored. dmd is (rightfully) prioritized
toward building actual code, but that leaves doc generation a bit
second-hand.

To work around dmd's clashing goals, version(StdDdoc) manually
makes a separate doc branch.

Whereas my doc generator just shows them all, bringing the
version into the definition.
http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/arsd.simpledisplay.XDisplayConnection.html