std.zip size limit of 2 GB?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 21:57:23 UTC 2018

On 2/15/18 4:20 PM, Tony wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 February 2018 at 18:49:55 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>

>> I think it's inherent in the zlib API. I haven't used all of the
>> library, but the portion I did use (using zstream) uses uint for
>> buffer sizes.
>>

> Wouldn't using a uint for buffer size give a size limit of greater than
> 4GB? Seems like an int is in the mix somewhere.

You meant 2GB, I think.

And you are right. I looked into it a bit, this has nothing to do
(superficially) with zlib, it has to do with std.zip:

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/blob/0107a6ee09072bda9e486a12caa148dc7af7bb08/std/zip.d#L806

Really, i should be size_t in all places, I can't see why it should ever
be int.

Please file an issue.

-Steve