Help using lubeck on Windows

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 19:22:00 UTC 2018

On Monday, 26 February 2018 at 19:02:36 UTC, Arredondo wrote:

> This worked. Thank you jmh530!
>
> I feel like at this moment, lubeck should be clearly marked
> "not Windows ready", as not everybody will have the
> inclination/patience to deal with incompatible object file
> formats or the Windows subsystem for Linux.
>
> I wonder if compiling OpenBlas from source using DMC would
> solve this. I also wonder if the resulting binaries would be as
> fast.
>
> Arredondo

The people who created lubeck are aware that there is scope for
improvement in the documentation.

If you compile OpenBlas from source with DMC, then it will not
work with LDC, which would have the best performance, or DMD with
64bit binaries. To get it to work with LDC (or 64bit DMD), you'd
need to compile it with Visual Studio.

https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/wiki/How-to-use-OpenBLAS-in-Microsoft-Visual-Studio