CMake support for D

King_DuckZ king_duckz at gmx.com
Mon Feb 26 20:28:45 UTC 2018

On Monday, 16 January 2017 at 19:44:34 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-01-16 at 17:47 +0000, King_DuckZ via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>>
> […]
>> > Meson can build D stuff out of the box.
>> >

>> Hadn't heard of this before, I'll have a look. Btw I don't see
>> any mention of D on their home page.
>
> It is very nice. D seems to work OOTB.
>
> […]
>> I'm not saying we shouldn't be learning things, but time is
>> limited and I'd rather practice my C++ or D than learn yet
>> another build system, especially if I only have limited use
>> for it :)
>
> Some of us find build fun.
>
> […]

One [more] year ahead, and I found this old thread I had
forgotten about. In the meantime, trentforkert has stopped
(apparently) working on cmake, and dcarp's has failed me for
projects larger than a couple files. It also looks like it's not
receiving updates anymore.

All of this kept me away from D. Now that gdc is rumoured to get
merged into gcc 8 tho, is there any concrete chance of this
happening? I think even rust (which came out after D) has decent
cmake support at this point.