Error: variable foo conflicts with struct foo

Stijn stijn.herreman at telenet.be
Thu Jan 4 18:11:13 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 17:59:55 UTC, Colin wrote:

> How can the compiler know which symbol is which symbol if
> everything has the same name?
>
> Standard practice is to capitalise type names and camelCase
> variable names.

The C# compiler has no trouble understanding code like that, so I
was wondering if it is a design decision for the language, or
simply something not yet supported by the compiler. I couldn't
find any documentation on it either. Perhaps someone can point me
to it?

I did manage to work around the issue by fully qualifying the
type:

     private __gshared kernel.idt.IDT_register IDT_register;

Also, I'm well aware that I'm not following the standard
practices regarding naming, but I'm just toying with -betterC so
I'm not really concerned about it.