Dub and libraries

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Thu Jan 4 19:23:25 UTC 2018

On Thursday, January 04, 2018 19:05:59 Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> Is it the case that, for library things on the Dub repository, Dub will
> only create library archives, .a, that it is unable to create shared
> objects and DLLs?

Well, you can configure a dub project to be a shared library by making its
target type "dynamicLibrary", in which case, that's all it's going to build
as, so something would be very wrong if it didn't build that way when using
code.dlang.org. However, I expect that most folks simply use "library" for
the target type and not "dynamicLibrary", and in that case, I believe that
it does static by default, and I don't know how you can control that.

If you have more detailed questions, I'd suggest asking on the forum
intended for dub:

http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/

- Jonathan M Davis