Help optimizing UnCompress for gzipped files

Christian Köstlin christian.koestlin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 06:01:38 UTC 2018

On 04.01.18 20:46, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On 1/4/18 1:57 PM, Christian Köstlin wrote:
>> Thanks Steve,
>> this runs now faster, I will update the table.
>
> Still a bit irked that I can't match the C speed :/
>
> But, I can't get your C speed to duplicate on my mac even with gcc, so
> I'm not sure where to start. I find it interesting that you are not
> using any optimization flags for gcc.
I guess, the code in my program is small enough that the optimize flags
do not matter... most of the stuff is pulled from libz? Which is
dynamically linked against /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib.

I also cannot understand what I should do more (will try realloc with
Mallocator) for the dlang-low-level variant to get to the c speed.
rust is doing quite well there

--
Christian Köstlin