Does dub support generating source files?

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Sat Jan 6 14:41:48 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 6 January 2018 at 13:40:54 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 06/01/2018 1:23 PM, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
>> I could script a custom preBuildCommand that checks
>> modification dates and supplies the Pegged include path
>> explicitly but that seems hackish and non-portable and
>> typically something that the build system should do.
>
> See: https://github.com/Abscissa/gen-package-version

If I read this correctly, it basically takes the script route
(rdmd) somewhat like the above [1], but taking care to stay
portable by inquiring dub. I should be able to make this work,
but I wish dub supported adding simple make rules...

[1]
https://github.com/Abscissa/gen-package-version/blob/515138077fb78af5c4154f13990cee23e54ed9e7/src/genPackageVersion/genDModule.d#L60