DUB and lib curl (-lcurl)

Tony tonytdominguez at aol.com
Tue Jan 9 05:42:58 UTC 2018

I am on Ubuntu 16.04. I was looking at Getting Started with DUB:
http://code.dlang.org/getting_started

I did the "dub init myproject" and it worked fine. Then I added
dependency:

' dependency "dub" version="~>1.3.0" '

as shown in the next step. This got an error:
dub build
Fetching dub 1.3.0 (getting selected version)...
Performing "debug" build using dmd for x86_64.
dub 1.3.0: building configuration "library"...
../../../.dub/packages/dub-1.3.0/dub/source/dub/internal/sdlang/token.d(26,2): Deprecation: struct core.time.FracSec is deprecated - FracSec has been deprecated in favor of just using Duration for the sake of simplicity
../../../.dub/packages/dub-1.3.0/dub/source/dub/internal/sdlang/token.d(26,2): Deprecation: struct core.time.FracSec is deprecated - FracSec has been deprecated in favor of just using Duration for the sake of simplicity
myproject ~master: building configuration "application"...
Linking...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl
Error: linker exited with status 1
dmd failed with exit code 1.