Vibe-d issue with timer in separate thread on debug builds

Andres Clari andres at steelcode.net
Wed Jan 10 14:40:40 UTC 2018

Hi, I have an app that uses vibe tasks, fibers and timers
extensively, and I found an issue only for debug builds, when
canceling a timer. However the code in question works just fine
in the release build.

But having this here makes testing certain things in my program a
pain, since it'll crash on the assert in question:

vibe-d-0.8.2/vibe-d/core/vibe/core/drivers/libevent2.d:474
debug assert(m_ownerThread is () @trusted { return
Thread.getThis(); } ());

Also, not sure I understand that assert properly... Is it
checking the stop timer call is fired from the main thread the
event loop is running? That would be bad, since basically that
timer run from a child thread.