Undefined Reference to OpenSSL EVP functions

Chris dlang at guerrillamail.com
Tue Jan 16 00:52:09 UTC 2018

I am trying to hook up OpenSSL to a dlang project I'm working on,
but I have hit a problem when trying to link.

I currently get the following linking error:

>undefined reference to `EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init'

I have made sure to include the module wrapping the c headers

> import deimos.openssl.evp;

And I have made sure that I am linking to "libcrypto" and
"libssl" in my "dub.json" file. I have even pointed the linker to
my "/usr/lib" folder

And I made sure that those libraries are installed on my system
in "/usr/lib"

>libcrypto.o
>libssl.o

Here is the code that I am trying to run:

>import deimos.openssl.evp
>
>void main()
>{
>    EVP_CIPHER_CTX *ctx;
>    EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init(ctx);
>}

Here is the full verbose output of dub:
https://pastebin.com/raw/4FnhCyr2

Here is my full dub.json file: https://pastebin.com/raw/1Z3WGBET

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!