Get largest heap object at runtime? ...tracking the leak

Andres Clari andres at steelcode.net
Sun Jan 21 17:28:13 UTC 2018

Hi, is there any way to get from the GC all allocated objects, so
I can see their size and find where I'm leaking memory? Or
perhaps a good tool to help with this issue...

I tried building my program with "profile-gc" but I got an
invalid MemoryOperationError with no stack trace... so no luck
using that. And the leak is only obvious when running in
production, where after 6 hours I've seen 1.5Gb of memory usage.

Right now, I'm able to extend the life of my program by injecting
calls to:
GC.collect
GCminimize

Within an event that happens every 5 seconds, which I estimate
will give me about a week before the program's memory is again at
+1.5Gb.