[dlang library documentation] Why there are dlang.org/library and dlang.org/phobos?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 15:32:29 UTC 2018

On Monday, 22 January 2018 at 15:18:38 UTC, Johann wrote:
> Maybe it's due to historical reasons.

It's actually "future" reasons... the /phobos is the original
one, and /library was supposed to replace it, but now many years
later, /library is still kinda neglected and they both just exist.

This is a reason why I forked the d docs to my site dpldocs.info.
Check out its search:

http://dpldocs.info/writef

But yeah, the link in the original source is hardcoded for the
/phobos path... but is also a relative link. So when generated on
/library, it is just a 404. On my fork, I just fixed it, but
/library tries to build from the master branch so they can't
really just fix things without making sure it still works in both
generators. what a mess.

> Or if both directories are intented to be used, I'll file a bug
> instead.

yeah that is prolly best