Is https://tour.dlang.org under maintenance?

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Fri Jan 26 23:55:06 UTC 2018

On Friday, 26 January 2018 at 22:56:00 UTC, ChrisPiker wrote:
> I'm trying to learn D, but many of my site searches take me to
> https://tour.dlang.org, which cannot be displayed.  Of course
> it may be a local problem (or it might not.)  In case this is
> affecting anyone else, the error I'm getting from firefox is

No it's not on maintenance.
I am not getting this error on neither Chrome or Firefox.

See: https://imgur.com/a/wRhrw

What Firefox version are you using?
Anything specific about your setup?

> Your connection is not secure
>
> The website tried to negotiate an inadequate level of security.
>
> tour.dlang.org uses security technology that is outdated and
> vulnerable to attack. An attacker could easily reveal
> information which you thought to be safe. The website
> administrator will need to fix the server first before you can
> visit the site.
>
> Error code: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY
>
> Have tried going to the http version but your server (or my
> browser) seems to be setup to auto-redrect to the https version.

Yes, Google downranks websites which don't redirect by default to
HTTPS.

> Please excuse this post if this is a known issue.

FYI for the future: you can report issues here:

https://github.com/dlang-tour/core

> Now if I could just find a diagram of the exception tree in
> phobos.  I'm trying to throw an exception when all possible
> environment variables my program could use to find the current
> account's home directory are not present but can't figure out
> which one would be appropriate.

There's no complex exception hierarchy.
You can easily get a  list of all exceptions in Phobos, e.g.

> grep -r ": Exception" *

Why don't you create your own exception?

```
import std.exception;
class InputException : Exception
{
     ///
     mixin basicExceptionCtors;
throw new InputException("Environment variable " ~ s ~ " isn't
set.");
```