Cleanup class after method?

JN 666total at wp.pl
Wed Jul 4 15:47:25 UTC 2018

Imagine I have a very short-lived class:

void print(File f)
{
     PrinterManager pm = new PrinterManager();
     pm.print(f);
}

My understanding is that PrinterManager will be GC allocated, and
when it goes out of scope, the GC will possibly clean it up at
some point in the future. But I know that this class won't be
used anywhere, I want to clean it up right now so that GC doesn't
waste time later. In C++ it'd be handled by RAII, pm would be a
unique_ptr<PrinterManager>. How to do it in D?