Why is it hard to make Qt bindings?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 12:52:49 UTC 2018

On 7/5/18 4:42 AM, drug wrote:
> There were several attempts to make Qt binding for dlang, but either
> they has failed or has been stalled. It would be nice to collect that
> experience. Considering 2.081 supports C++ special member (not all but
> majority) isn't it time to make another attempt or the problem is more
> complex?
> Could you publish your experience in making Qt bindings here?

I'm not a Qt user, but doesn't Qt require a special pre-compiler, or
even use the preprocessor in a way that is difficult to duplicate in D?

I remember there being a project for qt for D a long time ago. I think
this is it: http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd

You may find some way to resurrect this.

-Steve