How to use LLD linker?

SrMordred patric.dexheimer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:32:09 UTC 2018

On Friday, 6 July 2018 at 10:55:47 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 06/07/2018 05:48, SrMordred wrote:
>> [...]
>
> The problem is that the Digital Mars linker is called but the
> Microsoft linker is run, because they share the same name
> link.exe. For dmd/x64/32mscoff or LDC in general the latter is
> expected to be used. Usually dmd and ldc know how to find the
> appropriate one, but dub might just expect it to be found
> through the PATH environment variable.
>
> So, try to set your PATH so that the MS linker is found first.

Yep, this is the way, but i could make it work yet. The PATH
works, but i get errors relate to libs, even running
vcvarsall.bat. Thats bizarre since its a fresh intallation of VS.
It used to work, not sure what happened. Anyway i'll give up by
now and try another time.

I thought that LDC removed this VS dependecy.