DLL: (const char *paramNames[],size_t numParams)

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Mon Jul 9 11:10:01 UTC 2018

On Monday, 9 July 2018 at 10:56:18 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Monday, 9 July 2018 at 10:38:54 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> On Monday, 9 July 2018 at 10:33:03 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> Hi, no it's not correct i think, right translation would be
>>
>>     extern(C) void GetParamNames(const char** paramNames,
>> size_t numParams);
>>
>> If you use the D array syntax you'll get into troubles because
>> of ABI i think.
>>
>> Baz.
>
> Thanks, it seems I also have to allocate the pointer before
> with the numbers of numParams.
> In python the code looks s.th. like this
>
> self.output_names = (c_char_p * self.number_outputs)()
>
> Do you know that is the equivalent in D?
>
> Kind regards
> André

you don't need to allocate but to retrieve each string, do
something like this:

     foreach(i; 0 .. numParams)
     {
         string p = fromStringz(paramNames + i)
     }

although i have a doubt for pointer arithmetic. Maybe it should
be incremented by

     i * size_t.sizeof

since char.sizeof is 1. Maybe someone else will be more helpful
here.

Baz.