vibe.d: problematic "Non- at safe methods are deprecated in REST interfaces"

Piotr Mitana the.mail.of.mi2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 13:14:24 UTC 2018

Hello,

I've recently started building a little REST application on
vibe.d. I decided to use the "database" library, as I need to
communicate with the PostgreSQL instance.

During the compilation I see the deprecation warning:
"Non- at safe methods are deprecated in REST interfaces"

So two questions rise:

1. Will non- at safe methods in REST be disallowed someday?
2. Isn't it too restrictive? If it IS to be disallowed someday, I
just won't be able to call most libraries from REST, as I expect
the database library for example is definitely not @safe and
cannot be.

If I post in the wrong forum, please drop me a line where should
I post instead.