Windows 64-bit import library

Jordan Wilson wilsonjord at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 21:43:35 UTC 2018

I'm trying to create an import library from a dll (in this case,
a Lua dll).

Using dumpbin, I end up with a .def file:
EXPORTS
luaL_addlstring
luaL_addstring
luaL_addvalue
luaL_argerror
luaL_buffinit

I then use MS lib tool to generate a lib file:

lib /def:lua53.def /out:lua53.lib /machine:x64

I'm able to link the lib without errors (i.e. no "not valid lib"
errors or anything), but that's as far as I get...any attempt to
call functions results in:
undefined symbol: luaL_newstate
etc.

Is there any way I can generate the appropriate lib?

Else I think I'll need to get hold of the proper import libs that
come with the Lua distribution.

Thanks,

Jordan