Windows 64-bit import library

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 05:12:05 UTC 2018

On Friday, 20 July 2018 at 04:31:38 UTC, Jordan Wilson wrote:

> I don't have MSVC, so I built it using mingw, which generated a
> .a lib.
> I shall google some more, as I understand it DMD -m64 uses
> Mingw libs as a fall back when MSVC not found, I compiled Lua
> using mingw, I can't be too much further away from being able
> to link in a 64-bit lua import lib in a 64-bit DMD compiled
> program...

In that case, you may be better off using the DerelictLua binding
[1] so that you can avoid the link-time dependency and just load
the Lua DLL manually at runtime via `DerelictLua.load` [2]. Then
it doesn't matter which compiler the DLL was compiled with or
which toolchain you use to compile your app. Version 2.0.0-beta.2
(master and 2.0 branches) binds to Lua 5.3 (don't let the beta
tag scare you -- it's stable). If you need Lua 5.2 instead,
version 1.3.0 binds to it.

[1] https://code.dlang.org/packages/derelict-lua
[2] https://github.com/DerelictOrg/DerelictLua