Windows 64-bit import library

Jordan Wilson wilsonjord at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 22:39:52 UTC 2018

On Friday, 20 July 2018 at 12:03:20 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Friday, 20 July 2018 at 04:31:38 UTC, Jordan Wilson wrote:
>> On Friday, 20 July 2018 at 01:34:39 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

>>> Lua is extremely easy to build. That will generate the import
>>> lib for you.
>>
>> I don't have MSVC, so I built it using mingw, which generated
>> a .a lib.
>> I shall google some more, as I understand it DMD -m64 uses
>> Mingw libs as a fall back when MSVC not found, I compiled Lua
>> using mingw, I can't be too much further away from being able
>> to link in a 64-bit lua import lib in a 64-bit DMD compiled
>> program...
>
> what about passing your .def file directly with /DEF:your.def
> linker switch?
>
> more info https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/34c30xs1.aspx

Thanks, I tried your suggestion, but received:
lld-link: warning: <root>: undefined symbol: luaL_newstate
lld-link: warning: <root>: undefined symbol: luaL_addlstring
lld-link: warning: <root>: undefined symbol: luaL_addstring
lld-link: warning: <root>: undefined symbol: luaL_addvalue
lld-link: warning: <root>: undefined symbol: luaL_argerror
lld-link: warning: <root>: undefined symbol: luaL_buffinit

etc.

I think I'll just have to obtain the lib from the LuaBinaries
distribution.

Thanks,

Jordan