A vibe.d thing

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 19:58:46 UTC 2018

On 7/27/18 3:44 PM, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 15:25 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> […]
>>
>> Oh, it looks like you specified once. Hm... that seems to me like it
>> should work.
>>
>> Looks like IOMode is ignored:
>>
>> https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/blob/a9589d955f10bd076a67d47ace0c78c
>> fd3aa8246/core/vibe/core/drivers/libevent2_tcp.d#L285
>>
>> So, no, there isn't a correct way to do this, it's unimplemented.
>
> Present a function with implied UNIX style system call behaviour and
> then don't bother doing it properly. Just a wee bit annoying. I shall
> go away and be grumpy.

Haha, I don't blame you. The docs should say in bold letters (NOT
IMPLEMENTED).

> As for systems implemented using vibe.d, how the #### do they deal with
> this crap?

I'm guessing they don't use it, but use peek instead (or maybe peek to
get the size, and then read to get the data).

I'd be surprised if there isn't some better I/O options in vibe.d. I
mainly use the higher-level features.

-Steve