A vibe.d thing

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Jul 28 17:00:21 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 15:58 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:

[…]
> Haha, I don't blame you. The docs should say in bold letters (NOT
> IMPLEMENTED).

In the end I used the deprecated leastSize property to create a right
size buffer so the read function never tries to read more data than it
has. This gets round the exception being thrown and makes for quite a
nice solution.

The problem is of course the leastSize property is being deprecated.
This seems like a bad idea to me, especially given the read function is
actually broken with respect reads shorter than the buffer.

[…]

> I'd be surprised if there isn't some better I/O options in vibe.d. I
> mainly use the higher-level features.

Any chance of you doing an article on D and vibe.d proper use prompted
by this Code Critique so as to show CVu readers what vibe.d is really
like – as opposed to the rather negative image readers will get from
this Code Critique.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200