A vibe.d thing

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:54:20 UTC 2018

On 7/31/18 11:20 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-07-31 at 08:39 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>>
> […]
>> Hm.. it appears that there is a timeout exception thrown if there is
>> no
>> data within a certain time period. Are you getting that instead?
>
> To be honest, I am not sure. From a "I haven't looked at the library
> source, it's just a black box" all I can say is that if the buffer is
> 256 and there are >256 ubytes left the function returns but if there
> are <256 ubytes left an exception is thrown. I haven't checked the type
> of the exception or the exception message. Basically I got too annoyed
> that the documentation was sensible and the implementation wasn't
> meeting the documentation, I lost interest.

Understandable. I actually don't think you ever posted the real message
that comes out, just a link to the source code, from which I found it
wasn't obeying the mode variable.

But now, it looks like it should be obeying the variable, yet you get an
execption. Knowing what the actual message is would be helpful, at least
for filing a bug or fixing it.

>> I'm not completely familiar with the mechanisms here, but it does
>> appear
>> to obey the other modes properly in this iteration of the library.
>
> I tried IOMode.all and IOMode.once but they both appeared to behave the
> same. I can't remember trying IOMode.immediate.

What I mean is, I can't see why it would be throwing an exception when
you supply the IOMode.once. But possibly if there is a timeout, it might
be doing that.

Or maybe there is another issue.

-Steve