GDC on Travis-CI

crimaniak crimaniak at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 20:44:24 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 2 June 2018 at 19:48:36 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> @crimaniak: If you really want to build with all compilers,
> there is a workaround for this issue that does not involve you
> supporting ancient D versions, and that is to actually use
> Debian's GDC on Travis. I use this excessively for my own
> projects, mostly though because I need newer system libraries
> and because I explicitly want to build with the packaged
> compilers as well.
> You can use a similar approach and limit it to GDC only, I
> created a PR for that:
> https://github.com/crimaniak/json-patch/pull/1
> As you can see on
> https://travis-ci.org/crimaniak/json-patch/jobs/387197216 ,
> your code builds fine with the latest GDC.
  Wow! It works! Thanks!

> So, if you want that workaround, please take it, if not it may
> serve as a reference for others facing the same problem.
  Yes, pull request is approved. This is exactly what I was hoping
to find. I also recommend this to others who have this problem.
It takes some time to install required packages so build was much
longer than dmd and lcd builds but I think it's not a problem for
most cases.

Thanks to everyone who answered!