Configuring DerelictGL3

Entity325 lonewolf325 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 02:47:12 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 6 June 2018 at 23:43:34 UTC, Rene Zwanenburg wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 June 2018 at 23:26:23 UTC, Entity325 wrote:
>> I can't imagine things like "glEnable/DisableClientState" are
>> deprecated.
>
> They are. All the missing symbols are indeed deprecated.

Oh, I see where my confusion came from. I was getting
glEnableClientState confused with glVertexAttribArray, and
assumed glShadeModel was relevant to shaders, and not just to the
built-in lighting model used.

...It's been a while since I touched this code.

>> attempting to load the deprecated functions according to the
>> documentation page did a whole lot of nothing
>
> Could you post the exact code you used? I'm not using the old
> functions, but that should work.
The actual source file all those calls are made in weighs in at
over 1000 lines, and is mostly not related to the problem I'm
having here.

Anyway.

I added the line, "mixin glContext!(GLVersion.gl33);" after the
import statement. I didn't do anything with the context because I
assumed SDL2 handled that, and creating my own would likely break
the code.

I'll work a bit with the testing project I put together (which is
a little easier to experiment on than a 1000+ line fully featured
display module created by a madman) and report back on my results.