Confusion/trying to understand CTFE keywords

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Thu Jun 7 21:12:07 UTC 2018

On Thursday, June 07, 2018 11:31:13 jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 June 2018 at 22:19:58 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > On Wednesday, June 06, 2018 18:18:16 jmh530 via
> >
> > Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:

> >> Would make a good blog series?
> >
> > What would make a good blog series? Something talking about
> > CTFE?
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> I meant that stuff describing the nuances and motivations between
> static/enum/etc. Maybe more tutorial or something on the wiki
> than blog series? It's the type of thing that isn't obvious to
> someone new to D, but you explain very well. Better to save it in
> some place easy to find than let it get buried in Learn.

I probably should do more write-ups of stuff somewhere so that I can point
people to them, but for better or worse, I haven't done much of that. I've
mostly just answered questions here or at stackoverflow. I did finally get
my website set up though (http://jmdavisprog.com) so that I have somewhere
to post articles and whatnot, but I haven't done much with it yet. Sadly,
the only reason that I finally got around to setting it up was that I was
pretty much forced to in order to have a place to put the documentation for
dxml. Doing more useful write-ups has been on my todo list for ages but
mostly hasn't ended up as a priority with everything else on my plate -
which is arguably a bit dumb given how often I ultimately end up spending a
bunch of time answering questions on D.Learn even when I theoretically try
to not spend a lot of time replying to posts.

- Jonathan M Davis