WTF! new in class is static?!?!

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 21:43:30 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 7 June 2018 at 21:07:26 UTC, DigitalDesigns wrote:
> I'm glad I finally found this out! This is not typical behavior
> in most languages is it?

I don't think most languages allow this, and D used to not allow
it either, but then CTFE got class support and it got enabled. If
you understand how it works, it is sometimes useful...

But, it is confusing for a *lot* of people so it might make sense
to ban it again - or at least make it more obvious that this is
what you intended when you write it.