cyclic redundancy

Mr.Bingo Bingo at Namo.com
Mon Jun 18 07:19:15 UTC 2018

I have static this scattered throughout. Some are module static
this and some are struct and class.

In a test case I have reduced to a struct that uses a static this
and I get a cycle... even though, of course, the static this does
nothing accept internal things.

It is very annoying to have to hack these cycles. while they can
be bypassed for testing but production requires passing a runtime
argument which is useless for distribution to users.

The cyclic testing is so ignorant that it effectively makes using
any static this with any type of complex importing impossible,
even though no cycles actually exist.

Something new has to be done.

I propose that some way be made to disable a static this from
being included in the testing:

@NoCyclicRedundancyCheck static this()

I'm not sure if attributes will persist at runtime though. Any
method is better than what we have now which essentially prevents
all static this usage because one can't guarantee that the future
won't create a cycle and then the program will break with no easy
fix.