UCFS does not work for nested functions?

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Mon Jun 18 11:16:38 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 08:15:08 UTC, Steffen Wenz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just noticed that using UFCS does not work for nested
> functions, and was wondering whether that's intended, and what
> the rationale behind it is:

I just had the same question.

I can imagine that the context pointer of nested functions
complicates things, but making `bar` `static` does not help. Has
anything changed in recent years regarding the difficulty of
implementing UFCS for nested functions? Would it be easier to
only support static nested functions?

```
void main() {
     static void bar(int x) {}

     int x;
     x.bar(); // Error: no property 'bar' for type 'int'
}
```