What is the point of nothrow?

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Wed Jun 20 12:22:33 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 19 June 2018 at 15:03:49 UTC, wjoe wrote:
> But maybe I missed something else and the only purpose of D is
> to make console applications for *NIX like OSs and expect users
> to be professional enough to save that stack trace before they
> close the terminal ?

I just read stack trace from console.
Initially D ecosystem focused on windows console applications,
linux support came later, and compiling windows gui application
is not straightforward. Simply because console support is the
first thing to implement.

> And how can you be sure that this bug didn't corrupt memory of
> the druntime or anything else related to the stack trace, or
> even that it is a single bug ?

The state is invalid in a sense that program shouldn't continue
to serve its intended purpose.

> And how useful is a stack trace that shows a back trace to the
> point of the location the Error was thrown compared to a back
> trace to the location of the bug (report)?

In most cases stack trace is enough to diagnose the error.

>> and provides a better UX than a core dump (especially to
>
> Please explain. A core dump has everything a printed stack
> trace has and more and is as easy as using the debugger itself.

Do you know how to extract information from it on an unfamiliar
OS? Reading stack trace is easier and self-evident.