High memory usage in vibe.d application

Anton Fediushin fediushin.anton at yandex.com
Fri Jun 29 16:07:00 UTC 2018

On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 11:11:57 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> On 29/06/2018 11:09 PM, Anton Fediushin wrote:
>> It is GC's fault for sure, I built my program with profile-gc
>> and it allocated a lot there. Question is, why doesn't it free
>> this memory?
>
> Probably doesn't know that it should deallocate so eagerly.
> A GC.collect(); call may help.

That's a good idea. GC really needs to be kicked in once in a
while because it did _nothing_ in 8 hours, even though my
application is just a couple of timers - it isn't a hard task for
CPU or memory and there's plenty of time to collect some garbage.

Now I finally understand why GC is not a great thing. I was
writing apps utilizing GC for a long time and never had problems
with it, but when it came down to this simple program it stabbed
me in the back.