High memory usage in vibe.d application

Anton Fediushin fediushin.anton at yandex.com
Fri Jun 29 17:06:50 UTC 2018

On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 16:19:39 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 16:07:00 UTC, Anton Fediushin wrote:
>> Now I finally understand why GC is not a great thing. I was
>> writing apps utilizing GC for a long time and never had
>> problems with it, but when it came down to this simple program
>> it stabbed me in the back.
>
> Which language that you had write apps in that utilize GC?
> Java? C#? You shouldn't treat D GC the same as other languages
> GC.
>
> Alexander

Talking about D here.

GC can be the best option for some languages and environments,
but it doesn't fit D that well. Writing programs in D I always
know where stack-allocated structs get deleted and such, but I
have no idea on what's going on with the GC. Does it collect
anything at all? Why doesn't it collect this? How do I force it
to collect this?