Issues with undefined symbols when using Vibe on Windows

Chris M. chrismohrfeld at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 19:25:42 UTC 2018

This doesn't appear to specifically be a Vibe issue, just
noticing this error when I use eventcore from it (trying to use
async).

C:\dmd2\windows\bin\lld-link.exe: warning:
eventcore.lib(sockets_101f_952.obj): undefined symbol:
SetWindowLongPtrA
C:\dmd2\windows\bin\lld-link.exe: warning:
eventcore.lib(sockets_101f_952.obj): undefined symbol:
GetWindowLongPtrA

I'm using DMD 2.080 from the zip file provided on the downloads
page, plus DMC (unfortunately acquiring a Visual Studio license
would not be easy at my workplace, and I don't see how to use the
provided DMD installer without it). As far as I can tell, this
issue seems to be happening because user32.lib from the
windows/lib64/mingw folder does not define these two functions.
Seems to work when I build the project as 32-bit though.
Wondering if someone could double-check my reasoning here.