does the shared keyword work with mutable structs?

WhatMeWorry kheaser at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 19:33:26 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 March 2018 at 10:42:47 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> To make a struct noncopyable, add @disable this(this); to it,
> then compiler will give an error on an attempt to copy it.

I tried the @disable this(this); but now it doesn't even compile?

Error: template std.concurrency.spawn cannot deduce function from
argument types !()(void function(shared(EventBuffer) eB,
shared(Lock) lock), shared(EventBuffer), shared(Lock)),
candidates are:
C:\ldc2\bin\..\import\std\concurrency.d(464):
std.concurrency.spawn(F, T...)(F fn, T args) if (isSpawnable!(F,
T))

Is std.concurrency a work in progress or I'm I just obtuse here?

I've been reading Ali's book on the concurrency chapters as
inspiration, but the examples there use simple data types like
ints or bools.