Incomprehensible error message

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:05:59 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 at 21:18:01 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>  Which means error messages would need to be constructed as an
> abstract object that the error message printer can then inspect
> to determine which symbol(s) should be FQNs.

I've talked before about XML error messages. I'd actually like
them to literally be xml, but even if they aren't the same
principle works - pack the error messages with a lot of metadata
when they are generated, then trim that at a higher level to make
it more presentable (ideally, that higher level may be the ide,
but for a console run the compiler might have to do it).