Slow start up time of runtime (correction: Windows real-time protection)

HeiHon heiko.honrath at gmx.de
Wed Mar 21 13:26:48 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 at 16:56:59 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 at 12:18:16 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 at 09:44:41 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> This now leaves the question what's the best way to mitigate
> this, because I would gladly get rid of the second of delay any
> time I invoke dmd, ldc or dub as well as my own applications.

In Windows Security Center Settings (where you can disable
realtime scan) there is also an entry "Exclusions" (in german
windows "Ausschlüsse").
I added exclusions for the folder, where I installed dmd and ldc
and I added an exclusion for the folder, where I compile my D
programs. Now startup of dmd and freshly compiled programs is
fast again.