strip() and formattedRead()

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:50:18 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 21 March 2018 at 18:44:12 UTC, realhet wrote:
> Compiling this I get an error: "formattedRead: cannot deduce
> arguments from (string, string, float, float, float)"

What compiler version are you using? The newest versions allow
this code, though the old ones require an intermediate variable
to satisfy the `ref` requirement on formattedRead (it will want
to update that variable to advance it past the characters it
read).

so either update your version, or just give an and use an
intermediate:

string s = "xxxx".strip;
formattedRead(s, ....)