Link-time optimisation (LTO)

Cecil Ward d at cecilward.com
Fri Mar 30 10:23:15 UTC 2018

Say that I use say GDC or LDC. I want to declare a routine as
public in one compilation unit (.d src file) and be able to
access it from other compilation units.

Do I simply declare the routine with the word keyword public
before the usual declaration?

Or maybe that is the default, like not using the keyword static
with function declarations in C?

My principal question: If I successfully do this, with GCC or
LDC, will I be able to get the code for the externally defined
short routine expanded inline and fully integrated into the
generated code that corresponds to the calling source code? (So
no ‘call’ instruction is even found.)