How to curl!

Dr.No jckj33 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 23:02:39 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 at 22:51:01 UTC, IntegratedDimensions
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 at 22:08:50 UTC, Dr.No wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 at 21:57:22 UTC, IntegratedDimensions
>> wrote:
>>> Trying to curl basic stuff but std.net.curl isn't cooperating:
>>>
>>> curl "https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels" -G -d
>>> part=contentDetails -d forUsername=test -d key=somekey
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Just a wild guess, do you have the SSL dlls in the same folder
>> as your executable or (less likely) in your PATH?
>

> What SSL dlls?
those dlls:
libeay32.dll libssl32.dll ssleay32.dll

I'm sure they would be installed with whatever
> installation uses them.

I don't think so. IIRC, when I used D+curl I needed to download
them manutally. This is always the case with Qt. Even using
windeployqt with   --webkit2 flag I still need to copy those dlls
to application binary folder.

> ssleay32.dll comes with dmd2 and it is in the path, if that is
> what you are talking about. If a dll was missing though and
> that was the problem then it needs to state that it is a
> missing dll rather than some other issue.

It isn't always the case if the dll is dynamic loaded, it might
fail quietly, for example, if you deploy an Qt application with
QWebKit missing those Open SSL dlls, an page with https protocol
just doesn't open and didn't show any error at all. To find out
whether some referenced dll by your executable is missing, people
use Dependence Walker: http://www.dependencywalker.com/