Derelict on Ubuntu with CODE::BLOCKS

RegeleIONESCU regeleionescu at gmail.com
Thu May 3 03:18:02 UTC 2018

On Monday, 11 December 2017 at 07:34:47 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Sunday, 10 December 2017 at 16:50:10 UTC, RegeleIONESCU
> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> My advice is to ditch Code::Blocks and use something like VS
> Code or Sublime Text in conjunction with DUB. It's by far the
> easiest way to get started with D, particularly for someone who
> as little practical experience with compilers and linkers. Then
> you don't have to worry about "installing" Derelict. You can
> get the Ubuntu packages for the C libraries you need via
> apt-get on Ubuntu, then use DUB to manage and build your
> project. Piece of cake compared to doing it all by hand.
>
> [...]

Hello every body!

I know it is four months old thread. But now I found the
solution! :)

As Mike Parker suggested, DUB + Sublime is the solution. DUB
works so simple, so nice! DUB works like a charm it imports by
itself all the needed libraries and does lots of other stuff.

The only problem I have with DUB is that all added dependencies
are "old". For example added dependency "derelict-sdl2" is
version="~>2.1.4" while on DUB site the last version is
3.1.0-alpha.3. I tried the --upgrade plus --prerelease option but
the dependencies remain the same. I tried to write myself the
version in the dub.sdl but I get errors related to other
packages. Is there anyway to make DUB automatically use the
latest version of a dependency?

Thank you all for your kind support!