Derelict on Ubuntu with CODE::BLOCKS

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu May 3 19:30:48 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 3 May 2018 at 18:36:04 UTC, RegeleIONESCU wrote:

> And here is the error I get when I execute dub run:
>
> christian at Christians:~/D_Projects$ dub run
> Performing "debug" build using /usr/bin/dmd for x86_64.
> derelict-util 2.0.6: target for configuration "library" is up
> to date.
> derelict-sdl2 2.1.4: target for configuration "library" is up
> to date.
> project_01 ~master: building configuration "application"...
> Linking...
> To force a rebuild of up-to-date targets, run again with
> --force.
> Running ./project_01
> derelict.util.exception.SymbolLoadException at ../../.dub/packages/derelict-util-2.0.6/derelict-util/source/derelict/util/exception.d(35): Failed to load symbol SDL_DequeueAudio from shared library libSDL2-2.0.so.0

So your app is compiling and executing. This is a runtime error.
The SymbolLoadException means the SDL library was loaded, but a
function Derelict expected to find was not there. This usually
means that your version of Derelict by default supports a
different version of SDL than you have on your system.

SDL_DequeueAudio was added to SDL in 2.0.5. The best strategy is
just to request the minimum version of SDL that you need via a
SharedLibVersion:

import derelict.util.loader : SharedLibVersion;
DerelictSDL2.load(SharedLibVersion(2, 0, 0));

If you need functions from a later version, use that instead
(e.g. 2,0,2). Just make sure you have the version of SDL that you
need installed.

Also, if you're going to load all of the libraries as in the
example, you'll need to make sure they're all installed
(SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_net, SDL_ttf). I suggest you delete
all except what you actually need. That's not your current
problem, but you'll get more exceptions if those libraries aren't
installed.

If you want to update to derelict-sdl2 3.0.x or 3.1.x, delete
your dub.selections.json before running dub after you edit your
package configuration.