Is HibernateD dead?

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Mon May 7 18:10:14 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 5 May 2018 at 09:32:32 UTC, Brian wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 May 2018 at 10:27:47 UTC, Pasqui23 wrote:
>> Last commit on https://github.com/buggins/hibernated
>> was almost a year ago
>>
>> So what is the status of HibernateD?Should I use it if I need
>> an ORM? Or would I risk unpatched security risks?
>
> You can use Entity & Database library:
>
> https://github.com/huntlabs/entity
> https://github.com/huntlabs/database

I've tried both a while back, and they are still inferior to
Hibernated (no surprise there, both projects are very new). There
was even a "fun" SQL injection issue initially.
So, while in the long run Entity might be a great option, if you
want an ORM that is as complete as Hibernated is today, it's not
a solution (I have high hopes for it though).