dxml behavior after exception: continue parsing

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:46:00 UTC 2018

So I have an XML like document which fails to adhere completely
to XML. One of these such events is that & is used without
escaping.

My observation is that after the exception it is possible to move
to the next element without issue. Is this something expected and
will be maintained?

     try {
         range.popFront();
     } catch (Exception e) {
         range.popFront;
     }

As an aside, here is a snippet for skipping over the BOM since
dxml doesn't expect the BOM to be there:

     import std.encoding;
     import std.algorithm;
     auto fileContent = cast(ubyte[])read(file);
     if(getBOM(fileContent).schema != BOM.none)
         fileContent.skipOver(getBOM(fileContent).sequence);