property += operator

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 22:38:28 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 21:16:12 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> IIRC, there's a DIP for trying to make += work with just
> getters and setters, but I don't know if we're ever going to
> see anything like it in the language.

Yes, the DIP is here:  https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/97

It's currently stalled while I elaborate on the merits, or lack
thereof, of a library solution.  The best library implementation
I've seen is
https://forum.dlang.org/post/mqveusvzkmkshrzwsgjy@forum.dlang.org

I'm exploring the idea of continuing with the DIP, or adding
features (or removing limitations of the language) to make a
library implementation more appealing.  IMO, it'd be great if we
could add more composable primitives to the language, and get rid
of quirky features like @property.

Mike