Building dmd/druntime on windows issue

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sat May 12 13:57:22 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 22:01:25 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 18:38:30 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I follow the instructions from the wiki to build dmd/druntime
>> from source on windows.
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_under_Windows
>>
>> [...]
>
> Which DMD/druntime do you try to build?
> IIRC there are some issues with the release ball, you should
> try the GitHub sources.
> Also are you using DigitalMars make?
> What environment variables did you set?

I am pretty sure now the WIKI is wrong. The argument "release" in
command:
make -fwin32.mak release
will by intentional delete the folder "generated"
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/master/src/win32.mak#L347

But this folder is needed for building druntime as described in
wiki chapter "Building D runtime".

I somehow solved the issue by calling make without the "release"
argument.
Either the WIKI needs to be adapted or the make script.

Kind regards
André