C API / const char *text / std.string.toStringz pointer is always NULL on C side

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Wed May 16 15:07:33 UTC 2018

I have an extern(C) function in a DLL with this signature:

result* myfunc(double x, double y, const char *text, stuff *myStuff,
bool flag);

I call it like this:

result = myfunc(0, 0, std.string.toStringz("1"), stuff, true);

The problem is, that on the DLL side *text is always NULL. I doesn't
matter what I put as third argument. And even more strange, I have an
other function with a const char* as first argument. There everything
is working...

Any idea what cause this could be? This is really strange...

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com